On-Call Float Position
Copper Shores Meals on Wheels seeks an On-Call Float Position that is able to work in differing job sites and perform a wide variety of duties dependent on the need for the day.
To succeed in this position, the incumbent should be polite and prompt, courteous and respectful, and confidential with a commitment to providing clients with a commitment to providing clients with an excellent experience. Applicants should be passionate about working with people, flexible, and able to work in a fast-paced team environment while prioritizing serving elders in the Copper Country.
Scope of Work
Copper Shores Meals on Wheels is seeking a part-time on-call float position for Houghton and Keweenaw Counties. The incumbent performs a broad variety of tasks as directed by the Operations Manager. The incumbent will be responsible for working at Congregate Meal Sites. The incumbent will be responsible for meal delivery to area seniors on a designated route. The incumbent will also be responsible for assisting in the kitchen with meal preparation and clean-up. The incumbent also performs other related duties as assigned.
- Be dependable and work in a team environment.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Must be able to follow directions and complete repetitive asks with minimum supervision.
- Clean driving record.
- Valid MI Driver’s license, proof of car insurance and reliable transportation.
- Strong time management and customer service skills.
- Available Monday through Friday, 10:00 am – 2 pm.
- Access and use of a cell phone.
- Background check clearance.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds. Physical ability to climb stairs.
- Experience preferred in working with the older adult community
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge of safe food handling techniques and guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively in-person and on the phone.
- Ability to represent Copper Shores Meals on Wheels in a professional, tactful, and friendly manner.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize work, exercise sound judgment, and make decisions in a timely manner.
- Ability to report and share information with team members and supervisor.
- Ability to respond calmly and appropriately to all on-the-job situations, including emergencies and difficult situations.
- Ability to demonstrate respect and sensitivity to the needs of individuals. Willing and able to relate to individuals from all ethnic, racial, religious, or socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Responsible for preparation of individual place settings and serving of food at Congregate Meal Sites.
- Responsible for ensuring that Congregate Meal Sites are clean and maintained properly.
- Maintaining daily records of client participation at Congregate Meal Sites.
- Oversee volunteers at Congregate Meal Sites.
- Abide by all transportation laws and maintain a clean and safe driving record.
- Deliver a route of hot meals, as needed, following established time schedules.
- Deliver frozen meals for holidays and weekends.
- Review orders before and after delivery to ensure that all orders are complete per individual specifications.
- Maintain a log of mileage and daily meal totals, submitting required paperwork.
- Provide contact and wellness check of each senior on the established route.
- Collect donations and submit all paperwork and donations to the main office.
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation of meals under the direction of the cook.
- Responsible for packing bags for home delivered meals.
- Assist with all kitchen related duties.
- Attend trainings and/or meetings as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm, Monday-Friday
Pay and Benefits
- $12.00 per hour with mileage reimbursement at current IRS rate.
- Provide a vital community service by serving seniors with quality food, professional
home assessments, daily wellness checks, and supporting social interactions.
- Participate in training opportunities.
- Develop lasting relationships with Meals on Wheels staff, volunteers, and senior clients.
At Will Employment
Copper Shores Meals on Wheels acknowledge that the Employee’s employment is and shall continue to be at-will, as defined under applicable law. If the Employee’s employment terminates for any reason, the Employee shall not be entitled to any payments, benefits, damages, awards or compensation other than as provided by this Agreement, or as may otherwise be established under the Company’s then existing employee benefit plans or policies at the time of termination.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Copper Shores Meals on Wheels is an equal opportunity employer and we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, gender, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veterans’ status, or any other protected status.
Mail or email cover letter and resume to:
Human Resource Director/Compliance
Copper Shores Community Health Foundation
400 Quincy Street
P.O. Box 299
Hancock, MI 49930
Application review will begin immediately and the position will remain posted until filled.